Mar 5, 2009

THIRD PERSON "The Bends" (US, 1991)

THIRD PERSON was an improvising trio collaboration between cellist TOM CORA (1953-1998, played with Curlew, Skeleton Crew, Nimal, Roof, Zorn, Frith...), percussionist SAMM BENNETT (Semantics, Bosho, solo works) and a different each time guest musician who, as a "third person", joined the project on stage. Two albums, "THE BENDS" (1991) and "LUCKY WATER" (1994) came out of these performances which took place and recorded live at Knitting Factory.

"Third Persons" were: Catherine Jauniaux (voice on tracks 1, 15), Don Byron (clarinet on 3, 9, 11), Zeena Parkins (harp on 7, 19), George Cartwright (sax on 5, 8, 10), Marc Ribot (guitar on 2, 6, 16, 18), Myra Melford (piano on 12), Nic Collins (electronics on 4, 13, 17), Chris Cochrane (guitar on 14).

Saxophonist Kazutoki Umezu was the third person of "Lucky Water".


Tom Cora (photo by Frank Schindelbeck)

THIRD PERSON - "The Bends"
(19 tracks, approx time 73 min)

7 comments:

Spring Day said...

Oh, wonderful! Seeing your "Knitting Factory" category in the side bar, I really regret, that I have abandoned my own Knitting Factory list (I once had a link list for downloads of KFW-records, providing a few albums myself)... But I'm off to new waters right now, so the good old times will be nothing but a good memory, while I am looking forward to enjoying this album that I was longing for...

Anonymous said...

More Knitting Factory releases will follow.

Godard said...

Thank you, never heard this before, Jauniaux and Cora shine. Fantastic.
Mx

Anonymous said...

Bonjour, can you please reupload this record on mediafire? I've discovered this very intresting blog a few weeks too late...

Anonymous said...

Bonjour, can you, please, reupload this record on mediafire? I've discovered this blog a few weeks too late...

Anonymous said...

Bonjour, can you, please, reupload this record on mediafire? I've discovered this blog a few weeks too late...

paramo said...

"The Bends" is reuped